- Ice Rink Canary Wharf returns from 2 November 2018 to 16 February 2019
- Skate amongst twinkling lights for one of London’s most magical winter experiences
- New features this year include an impressive 40 square metre screen which will provide an ever-changing striking visual backdrop and skaters will be able to upload photos to a rolling Instagram feed.
- Skate, shop and dine out all in one place for a fun winter day out
- Lessons available for novice skaters, group bookings and corporate bookings
- Perfect venue for children’s parties, team-building days and office Christmas parties
The eagerly awaited ice rink returns to London’s Canary Wharf with some extra special finishing touches
On Friday 2 November the Canary Wharf ice rink will open its doors to the public. This year skaters can enjoy a beautifully designed Winter Terrace, a 30 metre wide open air viewing deck and 1200 square metres of ice to skate to their heart’s content. A new addition for 2018 is the impressive 40 square metre screen which will provide a striking backdrop to the ice rink where skaters will be able to enjoy impressive visuals and upload photos to a rolling Instagram feed.
Visitors will be able to enjoy a drink in The Grandstand Bar, a fully stocked, open air bar, overlooking out on to the ice rink with the comfort of heaters and blankets for the colder evenings. This year the bar will be in association with Pravha, a light, crisp lager from the brewers of Staropramen. The bar will cater for every taste from lager and champagne, to the festive favourites including mulled wine and rum punch.
Lucie Moore, Head of Arts and Events at Canary Wharf Group said: “The ice rink is a great addition to Canary Wharf over the Christmas and New Year period. We like to create something different with the ice rink every year and each time, it becomes even more popular.
This year visitors can really get involved by uploading their photos to our newly added LED screen, the only ice rink in London to boast one! Plus, with over 300 shops, bars, cafes and restaurants throughout Canary Wharf, visitors can easily tie in a Christmas shopping trip too.”
For further information, please contact:
Canary Wharf Group plc
T: 020 7418 2166