- Carve your own polar bear at free ice sculpting sessions
- Watch artists in action at live ice block carving shows
- Wander down a frozen trail of 15 sculptures of endangered species
Canary Wharf will be transformed into a frozen wonderland this November when it hosts the magical Winter Ice festival. Visitors will be able to try their hand at ice sculpting, watch professionals doing live carvings and walk a trail of frozen sculptures created by talented artists from across the globe. Open for three days only, the festival will be taking place at various locations across the Estate between Thursday 17th and Saturday 19th November.
There will be free ice sculpting classes going on each day in Montgomery Square and Crossrail Place Roof Garden where visitors can try their hand at carving a polar bear. The 20-minute sessions will be available on a first come, first served basis.
For those who want to leave it to the professionals, a series of showstopping live ice block carving shows will be taking place on the Friday and Saturday. There will be complimentary drinks, nibbles and seasonal treats on offer during the demonstration as visitors watch the artists carving giant frozen artworks.
Ice graffiti walls will also be open for visitors to test out their creativity in 15 minute sessions – an ideal family activity, with professionals on hand to help them create their very own winter masterpiece.
On Friday and Saturday, visitors are encouraged to wrap up warm for a frosty Jubilee Park trail of 15 frozen animals and birds, each highlighting a different endangered species.
Visitors can make the most of the weekend at Canary Wharf by enjoying some of the festive activities on offer alongside the hundreds of bars, restaurants and shops. This includes Canary Wharf Ice Rink, London’s longest running rink that has returned to Canada Square Park. The rink has a transparent roof that means that the winter weather needn’t stop visitors getting their skates on. New to the rink will be a central on-ice stage, hosting live music and DJ nights.
Tickets to the rink and much more can be bought on Canary Wharf’s new free mobile app, which also includes the latest on upcoming events, discounts, offers and more. The app also allows users to RVSP and check-in to events.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Thursday 17 November, 12noon-8pm:
- Montgomery Square – Masterclass Stations and Graffiti Wall
- Adams Plaza – Graffiti Wall
- Cabot Bullnose – Graffiti Wall
Friday 18 November, 12noon-8pm:
- Montgomery Square – Masterclass Stations, Graffiti Wall and professional Big Block Carving
- Crossrail Place Roof Garden – Masterclass Stations
- Jubilee Park – Ice Trail and professional Big Block Carving
- Cabot Bullnose – Big Block Carving and Graffiti Wall
- Adams Plaza – Big Block Carving
Saturday 19 November, 12noon-7pm:
- Montgomery Square – 20 x Masterclass Stations, 1 x Graffiti Wall and 1 x Big Block Carving
- Crossrail Place Roof Garden – 20 x Masterclass Stations
- Jubilee Park – Ice Trail and 1 x Big Block Carving
- Cabot Bullnose – 1 x Big Block Carving and 1 x Graffiti Wall
- Adams Plaza – 1 x Big Block Carving
All masterclass sessions are first come first serve.
Click here to find out more about the Winter Ice at Canary Wharf
For further information, please contact:
Canary Wharf Group plc
T: 020 7418 2166