- Skaters can enjoy 18 weeks on the ice at London’s longest running seasonal ice rink
- All new spectator platform ensures fun for all the family
- Off Piste bar offers Alpine favourite refreshments with new menu
This winter visitors to Canary Wharf can once again enjoy magical ice-skating under the Wharf’s twinkling lights as Ice Rink Canary Wharf returns with a bigger space to skate and London’s longest running skate season.
Open to the public from Saturday 22 October right up until Saturday 25 February, Canada Square Park will be transformed into a magical winter wonderland at the heart of Canary Wharf with a larger than before 1,275 sq m ice rink at the epicentre. The extended season of London’s longest running seasonal ice rink will allow skaters to enjoy time on the ice throughout Halloween, Christmas and beyond Valentine’s Day whilst spectators can soak up the magic from an all-new viewing platform which means making memories isn’t limited to being on the ice.
Returning this season is the rink’s transparent roof to ensure that winter weather needn’t stop visitors getting their skates on. New to the rink will be a central on ice events platform – hosting live music & DJ nights on Wednesdays throughout the season with curling championships and Christmas festivities adding to the variety of events throughout the season.
Skaters and spectators looking to warm up post session can enjoy a drink and nibbles in the popular Off Piste alpine rink side bar, which has been revamped for the 2022 season and is now fully enclosed to keep out the cold. With a brand-new menu offering light bites and seasonal cocktails, Off Piste will also be home to a Quiz night and live music making it the perfect place to host a party, festive gathering or catch up with friends this winter.
Returning with an array of activities for all to enjoy, Ice Rink Canary Wharf will once again be running its coveted schools’ programme on weekday mornings, offering children from local schools the chance to try out ice skating free of charge. Head teachers can apply for a place on the school’s programmes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Located in the heart of Canary Wharf, the ice rink is surrounded by over 300 restaurants, bars and stores across five shopping malls – a one-stop-shop for an unmissable winter day out. The ice rink is part of Canary Wharf’s ongoing investment into arts, culture, events and sustainability in which visitors are encouraged to live, eat and shop locally with sustainable retail choices, refillable water stations, transport links, extensive green spaces, and plastic-free lunch spots.
With the launch of their new free app, visitors, workers and residents only need to check their phone for the latest on upcoming events, discounts, offers and more. The app also allows users to buy tickets, RVSP and check-in to events as well as providing feedback on all different aspects of the Canary Wharf experience.
Ice Rink Canary Wharf will be open every day between Saturday 22 October and Saturday 25 February, except for Christmas Day. The minimum age to skate is 4 and skate aids will be exclusively available online, be sure to book in advance to avoid missing out. New for this year, the rink is offering gift vouchers available to purchase online, an ideal Christmas gift for skating fanatics.
Skating sessions last for fifty-minutes, and ticket price start from:
- Adult/Teen (13 years and over): £17.95
- Children (4-12 years): £13.50
- Family (2 adults + 2 children or 1 adult + 3 children): £53.95
- Wednesday 26 October – DJ Leon C and Sister Sax perform over three skate session, 6.10-7pm, 8.20-9.10pm & 9.55-10.45pm
- Wednesday 23 November – DJ Leon C and Sister Sax perform over three skate sessions, 6.40-7.30pm, 7.45-8.35pm & 9.55-10.45pm, playing Christmas Classics with a twist, to Funk, Soul and House Chart Classics
- Wednesday 21 December – DJ Leon C and Sister Sax perform over three skate sessions, 6.40-7.30pm, 7.45-8.35pm & 9.55-10.45pm, playing Christmas Classics with a twist, to Funk, Soul and House Chart Classics
- Wednesday 18 January – Sister Sax performs over two skate session, 6.40-7.30pm, 7.45-8.35pm & 9.55-10.45pm
- Wednesday 22 February – Sister Sax performs over two skate sessions, 6.40-7.30pm, 7.45-8.35pm & 9.55-10.45pm
Click here for more information and to book tickets
For further information, please contact:
Canary Wharf Group plc
T: 020 7418 2166