Canary Wharf Group makes good progress in 2016 and focuses on the future for long term, sustainable improvements
Canary Wharf Group’s latest Sustainability Report gives a snapshot of its activity and commitments in five key areas: making great places; pioneering innovation; promoting inclusive growth; optimising our performance and responsible business. The theme of the report is ‘evolution’ as we all strive for a brighter future.
Highlights for 2016 include:
- 41% of Group spending was on local companies
- £3m total investment in community engagement projects and programmes
- £1.4 billion local spend since 1997
- Canary Wharf Group achieves GRESB 5 Green Star Rating
- Zero waste to landfill CWG managed areas for seventh consecutive year
- 100% CWG electricity (388 million kwh) from renewable sources since 2012
- 4.6% reduction in electricity use since 2015
“We are proud of the hard work we have put into achieving past successes, but we will strive to do more. We have mapped our targets against the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and we are focusing on the future for long term improvements.”
Sir George Iacobescu CBE, Chief Executive and Chairman of Canary Wharf Group.
The independently assured report has been prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards: Core Option. Canary Wharf Group is keen to receive stakeholder feedback.
Click here to download our Sustainability Report.
Canary Wharf Group plc
T: 020 7418 2166