Tuesday 17 September 2019 – Third Party Media Release
Electric Shuffle Brings the Magic of Flight Club to a Brand New Game
Having revolutionised the way the UK plays darts through the award-winning Social Darts concept, the co-founders of Flight Club have turned their attention to a new social activity – shuffleboard
Electric Shuffle is the first activity bar of its kind, set to open in Canary Wharf, London on Friday 29th November. It promises to shake up the area’s nightlife and offer a new venue for team bonding sessions, private parties or simply a night out with a difference.
Like Flight Club did for darts, Electric Shuffle takes the core elements of shuffleboard and reinvents them for the 21st century, using unique technology to create a fast-flowing, mesmerising game which will have participants screaming with joy and watchers desperately waiting for their turn.
At launch, visitors will step up to the shuffle table, which can hold up to 16 people at any one time, and take part in three different games, each inspired by a different shuffleboard element.
All that action demands food and drinks to match. Electric Shuffle offers a selection of craft beers and cocktails, alongside a seasonally inspired menu including sharing plates, show-stopping pizza paddles and special dishes.
The Canary Wharf location makes it the ideal destination for workers from the city and beyond looking for their next post-work social, while easy access to the Jubilee line and DLR means Electric Shuffle will help make Canary Wharf a must-visit area for groups from across London looking for something special for their next day or night out.
Steve Moore and Paul Barham, Electric Shuffle co-founders said: “Since 2015, we’ve been on a mission to deliver exhilarating social experiences to as many people as possible. From a pipe dream in a Devon pub, to an ever-growing family of Flight Club venues, it’s been an incredible journey so far.
“Now, it’s time for the next step; a surprisingly competitive, delightfully immersive and outrageously thrilling transformation of another traditional pastime. And, we can’t wait to share it with you!
“Shuffleboard’s exciting mix of skill and chance and its rich, but sadly forgotten history made it the obvious choice for our next step. It’s a game which has captivated everyone from Henry VIII through to the village landlord and our modern twist will wow Canary Wharf.”
Notes to Editors:
- Electric Shuffle is located at 10 Cabot Square, North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London, E14 4EY
- Playing areas are called ‘shuffle tables’
- There are 10 semi-private shuffle tables in the venue, each with the capacity for 16 people to play at any one time.
- As well as full venue hire, there’s two event spaces with shuffle tables that can be linked together for larger groups
- The two event spaces available for hire are named after two inspirational female scientists; the Jemison (capacity of 50) and Biberdorf’s Upstairs bar (capacity of 100)
- The venue has a total capacity of 350
- Peak hours (Monday–Friday, after 4pm) and all-day Saturday – £40p/h
- Off-peak hours (Monday–Friday, before 4pm) and all-day Sunday – £20p/h
Electric Shuffle is the latest creation from the minds behind Flight Club, the world’s first Social Darts venue where over 1 million people have tried their hand since opening in September 2015.
Flight Club was named the Best All in One in London in the Design My Night Awards 2017/18.