Retail Marketing Manager – FTC to March 2022
Date Posted: 13/09/2021
Company: Canary Wharf Ltd
Reporting to: Group Marketing Manager
The Retail Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development, and implementation of the retail marketing strategy including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR with the principle objectives being to increase footfall and spend through creative and engaging campaigns and activations.
The Retail Marketing Manager will need to implement a two-tiered marketing strategy that includes brand and tactical marketing activities to position Canary Wharf as a premium retail and leisure destination.
The Retail Marketing Manager is responsible to plan and manage all marketing activities supporting the overall campaign objectives and feed into the strategic business objectives. The candidate will need to drive all campaign related activities and ensure the effective and relevant execution of all retail marketing initiatives in line with Canary Wharf Group’s positioning.
The Retail Marketing Manager must also develop and maintain positive tenant relations and provide support and encouragement to tenants to participate in retail marketing campaigns and activations with the objectives of raising individual brand awareness, footfall and spend.
Responsibilities include preparing budgets, carrying out market analysis, management of annual retail campaigns and promotional activations, leading proactive relationships with retail tenants and partnerships, measuring performance, writing follow ups from retailer meetings and retailer requests, including the appropriate decision makers in the communication.
Other duties may be reasonably requested from time to time by the Consumer Group Marketing Manager and Director of Marketing.
- Determine key retail priorities, set marketing objectives and activations plan for the year ahead.
- To manage the departmental retail budgets from creation to completion.
- Define the retail campaign approach and media planning for each activation to meet the retail objectives.
- To engage with retail tenants to create and maintain positive partnerships. To support retailer campaigns through Estate wide activations and encourage individual tenant participation in Retail and Estate-wide events where relevant, exploring new and engaging ideas to drive awareness, footfall and spend.
- To develop and execute new ideas to ensure the Retail programme is dynamic, interesting, and relevant.
- To lead CACI demographic and generic market research studies and surveys to better understand the retail market, consumer trends and competitor activities, and to tailor campaigns when necessary.
- To support the Retail Leasing Department with tenant acquisition, attending meetings and development of targeted literature, assets, and tailored campaigns.
- To create, develop new store opening campaigns, and nature and maintain positive relationships with tenants.
- To identify opportunities for activities, events and propositions that are relevant to customers and drive sales around key trading moments.
- To manage appointed marketing and advertising agencies, as required, literature/print production, online activations, advertising, events, and exhibitions.
- Prepare, co-ordinate and complete all relevant tenant correspondence, schedules, reports, meeting minutes, evaluations and other documentation as required.
- To manage Canary Wharf Gift Card service, acting as primary point of content with the appointed supplier.
- Report on the effectiveness of retail marketing campaigns using pre-determined KPIs.
- To create, develop and maintain positive relationships with tenants, external and other key partner organisations and individuals.
- To provide full and effective communication and liaison with relevant internal departments of Canary Wharf Limited and Canary Wharf Management Limited, ensuring the needs of the Retail events programme, inclusive of its aims and objectives are met, including:
- PR & Comms
- Arts + Events
- Retail Management
- CWG departments: Retail Leasing, Communications, Brand, Office & Residential Marketing, Fire, Safety & Environment Insurance, Legal, Accounts, Administration, Tax.
- To provide full and effective communication and liaison with Canary Wharf tenants, external businesses, community and art and events organisations and individuals.
- To identify new advertisement opportunities both online and through traditional marketing methods, to ensure all marketing efforts are retail focused and support the band.
- To assist the department with generic departmental and office duties as and when required.
- To attend external and internal meetings as and when required.
- To deal with incoming telephone and email enquiries from retail tenants, the public, charities, and experiential marketing agencies.
- Other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time by the Consumer Group Marketing Manager and Director of Marketing.
If you are interested in joining our highly professional and skilled team for our next exciting phase of development, please complete the form on this page to apply online or send your cv and covering letter to: Personnel Department, Canary Wharf Group plc, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB.
Closing date for applications is Monday 27 September 2021.
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to appoint at any point.