Building fourteen million square feet of office space and retail malls on such a small footprint as well as simultaneously creating the infrastructure of roads and associated utilities, public transport connections, pedestrian circulation and parks, has provided both a challenge and an opportunity.
The experience gained at Canary Wharf is being replicated on other projects in London with great success.
Our developments are designed, managed, constructed and delivered through Canary Wharf Contractors Ltd, world leaders in high quality developments.
As Project Manager and Main Contractor, quality is at the core of everything that we do. Our unrivalled track record means we fine-tune our projects at each step of the development process, allowing us to:
- Manage the delivery of the design at all stages
- Select and appoint specialist trade contractors
- Build in individual tenant requirements in the design and delivery
- Control, manage and review costs at every stage
- Embrace value engineering at every stage of the delivery process
- Control and manage quality and safety
- Synchronise all site activities
- Commission building systems
- Deliver our commitments on time, budget and quality
What makes CWCL unique when compared with other construction companies is the sheer depth of knowledge that comes from our unique experience as a development group.
Our internal dynamic creates a hub where intelligence and knowledge flows between different sectors – development, planning, construction and facilities management – each reinforcing the other.
This nexus means all our clients benefit from the totality of our knowledge, no matter which sector they engage.