Date Posted: 15/05/2019
Department: 1-5 Bank Street
Company: Canary Wharf Management Ltd
Reporting to: Building Manager
Job Summary: To provide secretarial and administrative support to the Building Management team and to supervise the Administration Assistant if applicable.
- To process any external and internal correspondence including invoices, letters, estimates, contract documents, specifications, draft purchase orders and statements.
- To open and mark up incoming mail and distribute accordingly as and when the Administrative Assistant is out of the office or on leave.
- To arrange meetings and maintain Manager’s diary.
- To prepare as necessary and when required any minutes arising from meetings and distribute to the relevant personnel.
- To carry out secretarial duties including audio, copy typing, word-processing and photocopying.
- To maintain and administer the filing system.
- To type ad hoc reports and proof read as necessary and carry out audio/copy typing for Building Manager.
- To prepare a holiday planner for the department in conjunction with the Personnel Department. Keeping an up to date record of all holidays and sickness for BSM office, maintenance teams and Loading Dock operators in conjunction with the Personnel Department.
- To answer the telephone and process messages as required, and relay them to the appropriate person.
- Collate all information for the production of the monthly payroll, 4 weekly payroll including overtime forms.
- Organising, co-ordinating and participating in quarterly fire alarm testing. Also arrange Tenant Practice Evacuations.
- To ensure that all incidents with insurance implications are reported to the Insurance Department. To progress the insurance incident report procedures and to keep all the relevant parties fully informed of the progress. This will be in relation to the allocated building/s or other building/s to provide cover as and when the Administrative Assistant is out of the office or on leave.
- To have a good understanding of M2 or similar system and raise purchase order requests for any item of equipment or parts and especially stationery, cleaning materials and First Aid supplies and control of its issue and usage and that for any other office consumable.
- Organise training through the Personnel Department for all staff from the Building Services Manager to the Loading Dock Operative and keep up to date records of all training taken place and requests for training.
- To record, monitor and track all purchase order requests, purchase orders and supplementary service invoices and to ensure that they are prepared in accordance with the agreed procedures and are correctly coded for Tenant Services. Run monthly open PO reports and monthly Tenant Services reports and liaise with the Building Manager, Director of Tenant Services and Accounts for any changes.
- To assist and prepare the formulation of Tenant Services Agreements/Contracts and to ensure that the on account invoices are raised.
- To track service charge expenditure using the Access Accounts or similar system.
- To progress Tenant Service enquiries relating to invoice/payment issues and to ensure that such matters are carried out promptly and efficiently.
- To liaise with the cleaning contractors to ensure the smooth running of the daily cleaning of the building, arrange audits for all areas including tenants, ensuring making sure they are checked on a regular basis, relevant to the allocated building/s or other building/s to provide cover for the Administrative Assistant.
- To carry out any other duties as requested by the Building Manager.
- As and when required, be completely familiar with the day to day running of the Building’s Helpdesk and reporting systems and have basic knowledge of Concept and how to log any unscheduled work that comes in from the tenant.
All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy in the Administrative Rules and Procedures, and the Health, Safety & Welfare Manual.
All Staff are required to follow the Canary Wharf Group plc (CWG) Environmental Policies for minimisation of waste and effective energy management as defined in the CWG Environmental Manual and associated documents
Quality Management Responsibilities
All staff are required to comply with CWG Quality Management System requirements detailed within the Company Quality Manual & Policies, and to ensure that all Procedure; Plans and Forms within InfoBase are effectively implemented to meet the set ISO 9001: Quality Management Standard.
- The incumbent should be highly numerate and possess GCSE maths as a minimum and ideally A Level Maths or equivalent.
- Possession of a relevant qualification in Book-keeping/Accounts eg ACCA would be highly desirable.
- The incumbent must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Outlook and also have thorough experience of working with spread sheets.
- The incumbent should possess a good standard of written English; GCSE English Language is essential.
- Experience of working in Property Management is desirable, but not essential.
- The incumbent must be organised, able to communicate at all levels, work under pressure and to deadlines.
- A minimum typing speed of 55 wpm is essential.
- Flexibility in attitude and approach to work is essential.
- The incumbent must have an appreciation of the importance of customer service and how this is applied in the context of Canary Wharf.
If you are interested in joining our highly professional and skilled team for our next exciting phase of development, please complete the form on this page to apply online or send your cv and covering letter to: Personnel Department, Canary Wharf Group plc, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 29 May 2019