Date Posted: 09/05/2019
Department: 1-5 Bank Street
Company: Canary Wharf Management Ltd
Reporting to: Building Services Manager
Job Summary: To control and supervise the building control systems, maintenance programmes and maintenance staff for the designated building(s)/location(s).
- To supervise the activities of the building planned maintenance team and to ensure that the planned preventative maintenance tasks are carried out to the required quality standards.
- To identify and diagnose faults and to carry out repairs, adjustments and other maintenance works as appropriate.
- To carry out the required routine servicing, repair or adjustment of plant or machinery in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule as tasked by the Building Control Coordinator.
- To adopt a flexible approach in respect of other skills or trades to ensure the most cost effective completion of all tasks.
- To control, monitor and update the building planned maintenance/access control systems.
- To assist the Building Services Manager in the preparation of, and implementation of, the planned maintenance schedules for the required maintenance of all plant and equipment and to monitor accordingly.
- To assist the Building Services Manager with the monitoring and supervision of all maintenance/engineering activities.
- To ensure that all service areas, plant rooms, inspection cupboards etc. are maintained in pristine condition at all times.
- To assist the Building Services Manager with the inspection and testing of the fire and life safety systems.
- To supervise staff and ensure that the highest of standards are maintained.
- To prepare schedules of all defects on plant, services, building structure etc. and to progress the necessary remedial action in liaison with the Building Services Manager.
- To assist with the preparation of specifications and recommendations for works or modifications to existing services, plant and equipment as requested from time to time.
- To be responsible for recording and scheduling, where applicable, all energy/fuel costs and consumption including temperature and humidity levels.
- To be thoroughly familiar and comply with the Company’s “Health & Safety” policy and procedures and to assist the Building Services Manager with the requirements in such respects.
- To ensure that all relevant parties (Tenants, Building Manager, Building Services Manager, Security etc.) are informed of any necessary close down or testing of plant, fire and life safety systems or other events which will affect the operation of the building.
- In liaison with the Building Services Manager, to progress recommendations on service and maintenance matters in order to ensure that Tenants gain maximum benefit from the building facilities and that they experience minimum disruption.
- To be responsibly available outside normal working hours to cover for emergency situations.
- To organise and make easily accessible all service manuals, drawings, certificates and other documentation/records etc. relating to the building equipment and systems.
- To ensure the accurate and timely completion of staff time/task sheets in accordance with procedures.
- To carry out other reasonable duties as requested by the Building Services Manager and Building Manager
All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy in the Administrative Rules and Procedures, and the Health, Safety & Welfare Manual.
All Staff are required to follow the Canary Wharf Group plc (CWG) Environmental Policies for minimisation of waste and effective energy management as defined in the CWG Environmental Manual and associated documents
Quality Management Responsibilities
All staff are required to comply with CWG Quality Management System requirements detailed within the Company Quality Manual & Policies, and to ensure that all Procedure; Plans and Forms within InfoBase are effectively implemented to meet the set ISO 9001: Quality Management Standard.
- The incumbent must have completed an apprenticeship in either mechanical or electrical engineering together with relevant certification.
- Experience of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems within a large complex is essential together with a flexible, innovative and hands-on approach.
- The incumbent must have the ability to motivate staff, communicate at all levels and cope with stressful situations.
- The incumbent must have an appreciation of the importance of customer service and how this is applied in the context of Canary Wharf.
- The incumbent must have a flexible and willing approach to work, be a team player that is able to work under pressure, be capable of working on their own initiative and be self-motivated. They must also possess excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- The incumbent must possess good IT skills and have a good knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge of the following areas is essential. If required, training will be provided within six months of commencement of employment as Engineering Supervisor.
- Key Manager Programme Modules
- IOSH Managing Safely
- C&G Water Treatment
- Relevant Emergency Procedures
- Insurance Impairment Procedures
If you are interested in joining our highly professional and skilled team for our next exciting phase of development, please complete the form on this page to apply online or send your cv and covering letter to: Personnel Department, Canary Wharf Group plc, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 22 May 2019