Formerly known as Wood Wharf, the site has been designed to provide a new residential led, mixed use, waterside community defined by the quality of its public spaces, the diversity of its land uses and activities, and its exemplary architecture.
The masterplan, designed by Allies and Morrison Architects, creates a strong and complementary mix of uses, providing over 3,300 new homes, nearly 2 million sq ft of high quality commercial office space, and a further 380,000 sq ft of shops, restaurants and community uses.
The development will broaden and extend the Canary Wharf Estate, adding to its vibrancy and continually expanding cultural, community and commercial offer. The site represents one of central Londons’ largest privately owned development sites extending to 23 acres and is recognized as being of major importance on a local, national and international level.
- Architects (announced to date): Allies and Morrison, Darling Associates, KPF, Herzog & de Meuron, Stanton Williams Architects, Grid Architects, and Patel Taylor
- 5 million sq ft mixed use development
- 2 million sq ft of commercial offices
- 380,000 sq ft of retail space including shops, cafés and restaurants
- Over 3,330 homes with 25% affordable housing on site
- 3.6 hectares (8.9 acres) of interconnected public spaces
- Estimated completion 2023
For further information about residential options on this new development, please visit www.canarywharf.com/residential