Date Posted: 03/07/2017
Company: Canary Wharf Management Ltd
Reporting to: Security Duty Manager
Job Summary: To protect the interests, business, assets and well-being of Canary Wharf Group plc, its tenants, employees, and the general public from unlawful activity, by the effective, efficient and economical management and deployment of CWML Security Department resources.
Directly Supervising: In-House Security Officers and Contract Security Officers.
- To ensure Security Department operational and administrative policies, procedures and instructions are fully complied with by security personnel.
- To directly supervise Security Staff working within the package to ensure that staff are fully aware of, work to, and comply with, the Assignment instructions and Standard Operating Procedures that are applicable and in force at the time.
- To deploy Security Officers and Security Supervisors to specific tasks ensuring that fairness in the distribution of those duties is maintained, subject to the skills and knowledge of those staff being deployed.
- To ensure that the necessary briefings and debriefings take place at the commencement and termination of each shift.
- To personally comply with, and ensure Security Officers are correctly dressed and attain the correct standards of personal presentation.
- To complete performance appraisals on staff in line with departmental policies.
- To assist in the training and reporting of probationers during their probation period, with the goal of them achieving the CWML standards.
- To check all CCTV, intercom, computer, telephone and lift systems operated or monitored by Security, ensuring any faults or defects are reported to the appropriate persons and action taken.
- To ensure that all accommodation used is maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
- To maintain a working knowledge of all technical systems in use within the allocated package.
- To respond to any security incident as directed or appropriate.
- To ensure that the ECC are appraised of any occurrence or incident, and that the Security Duty Manager is briefed when attending.
- To ensure all documentation is correctly completed and disseminated as required.
- To ensure that all tenant demise and public area patrols, and key point checks are completed and recorded.
- To personally comply with and ensure Security Officers comply with the Company Health and Safety Policy.
- To be fully conversant with, and be prepared to implement procedures in relation to incidents or emergencies that arise during the shift.
- Through prior planning, ensure staff are exposed to all aspects of the Security Departments role within the package to enable such staff to be sufficiently confident to achieve any task given to them.
- Monitor the interaction of staff with the tenants and public to ensure that an excellent customer care service is provided.
- Be prepared when required to act in the capacity of the Control Centre Manager or Security Co-ordinator as required.
- Be prepared to work within the Estate Control Centre assuming the role of ECC Controller when required.
- To act as line manager to specified personnel – to manage their welfare, attendance, professional development, training, performance and to provide mentoring and support.
- To test staff operational capabilities through planned exercises in conjunction with the Security Duty Manager.
All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy in the Administrative Rules and Procedures, and the Health, Safety & Welfare Manual.
All Staff are required to follow the Canary Wharf Group plc (CWG) Environmental Policies for minimisation of waste and effective energy management as defined in the CWG Environmental Manual and associated documents.
Quality Management Responsibilities
All staff are required to comply with CWG Quality Management System requirements detailed within the Company Quality Manual & Policies, and to ensure that all Procedure; Plans and Forms within InfoBase are effectively implemented to meet the set ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard.
- Experience in a supervisory role in the security industry or similar industry is essential such as emergency services, private organisations or other major service providers.
- Applicants should demonstrate evidence of team management, performance management and strong leadership skills.
- Be flexible and diplomatic, with the ability to constructively challenge existing practices.
- Be an innovative and proactive thinker with strong planning and organisational skills.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent standards of customer service.
- Applicants should possess self-discipline, sound judgement, confidence, decisiveness, and conflict management.
- Applicants must be honest and free of criminal convictions (subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974).
- Must be capable of demonstrating the ability to work with confidential information, in a disciplined environment and able to act either independently, work constructively with their colleagues and external partners and to develop and deliver an effective service.
- Applicants should possess an excellent standard of written and spoken English and demonstrate sound interpersonal skills.
- The duties will include some form of strenuous physical activity. Therefore, the incumbent must have the ability to undertake such duties. Individuals must reach the standard of required fitness as laid down by the Physical Employment Standards (PES). This must be achieved during the probation period. Failure to achieve the standard will result in termination of employment. Further assessment of PES will take place annually.
- Applicants will be screened to the BS7858 standard therefore must have a 5 year verifiable work history and be able to account for all gaps in employment.
- SIA License desirable.
If you are interested in joining our highly professional and skilled team for our next exciting phase of development, please complete the form on this page to apply online or send your cv and covering letter to: Personnel Department, Canary Wharf Group plc, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB.
Closing date for applications is Friday 11 August 2017