Date Posted: 23/10/2017
Company: Canary Wharf Management Ltd
Reporting to: Security Supervisor
Job Summary: To undertake general security duties relating to the protection of persons, premises and property, the direction of traffic, the assistance to tenants and visitors for designated areas throughout the Estate, or other locations when applicable.
- To carry out specific duties relating to the appropriate assignment instructions for the designated areas as directed by the Duty Security Manager, Co-ordinator and Control Room (Such responsibilities will include patrolling, gatehouse duties, guarding the premises, fire checks/inspections, access control, traffic management etc.).
- To contribute through the adherence to procedures and assignment instructions to the general safety, security and upkeep of the Estate, together with loss prevention by accident, theft, waste or neglect, as applicable to persons and property within the confines of the Estate, or other such locations as are notified from time to time.
- To maintain the required logs and records in accordance with the agreed procedures for the designated areas, ensuring that all logs, reports, records, notebook entries etc. contain all the requisite information.
- To comply with the National Code of Conduct and the Company Administrative Rules and Procedures and the Security Department Instructions and Procedures in all respects. Particular mention is made of confidentiality, racism, sexism and alcohol/drug abuse.
- To ensure thorough adherence to procedures, assignment instructions, personal hygiene and appearance that a professional image is portrayed of the security organisation.
- To manage and control vehicular traffic at the access points to the Estate, in recognition of the terrorist threat.
- To ensure that all required procedures are correctly implemented, ensuring that the appropriate persons are advised with the due degree of urgency.
- To be thoroughly familiar with the geography of the designated area/building including physical layout, tenant occupation, key personnel, building routines and all security related systems/equipment within the limitations imposed.
- To be thoroughly familiar with, and to implement in conjunction with the Security Managers and as necessary, the emergency procedures for the designated area/building.
- To be thoroughly familiar with, and comply with, the Company’s Health and Safety policy and to immediately report any hazards or infringements in compliance with the laid down instructions.
- To ensure that all working areas are kept clean and tidy and all refuse and waste materials are removed as appropriate.
- To carry out all duties in a courteous and diplomatic manner, rendering all possible assistance conducive with good security. Remaining alert, polite and tactful under all circumstances.
- To identify and take immediate remedial action in the event of a public safety hazard.
- To check and report all defects in accordance with instructions.
- To assist with the general good house-keeping of the Estate or specific area.
- To carry out the duties of Team Leader in the absence of a Security Supervisor, assuming the appropriate responsibilities.
- To carry out other reasonable duties as requested by Line Management within the Security Department, the appropriate Associate Director/Building Manager or designated representative.
Health Safety and Welfare Responsibilities
All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy in the Administrative Rules and Procedures, and the Health, Safety & Welfare Manual.
All Staff are required to follow the Canary Wharf Group plc (CWG) Environmental Policies for minimisation of waste and effective energy management as defined in the CWG Environmental Manual and associated documents.
Quality Management Responsibilities
All staff are required to comply with CWG Quality Management System requirements detailed within the Company Quality Manual & Policies, and to ensure that all Procedure; Plans and Forms within InfoBase are effectively implemented to meet the set ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard.
- Quality customer service experience is essential; applicants must be able to demonstrate customer service experience or recent security experience which could include: experience in patrolling, engaging with customers, guarding premises, access control, traffic management etc.
- Applicants must be honest, free of criminal convictions (subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974).
- Individuals must be capable of demonstrating the ability to work in a disciplined environment and able to act either independently, work constructively with their colleagues and external partners whatever their background and to develop and deliver an effective service.
- Individuals must have good standard of communication skills and possess a good standard of written and spoken English. Applicants should demonstrate sound interpersonal skills.
- Individuals should demonstrate self-discipline, sound judgment, confidence decisiveness, teamwork and conflict management.
- Applicants must be customer focused and be dedicated to providing a high quality of customer service.
- Individuals must be committed to the principles of Equal Opportunities. Canary Wharf Group plc is committed to being an Equal Opportunities employer. We value and welcome diversity. This commitment is integral to the provision of any service and the employment conditions of each and every member of staff. We expect all our staff to promote equality in the workplace and in the services we deliver.
- Applicants should be prepared to work outside, in all weather conditions and able to complete shift work (twelve hour shift rotation).
- The duties will include some form of strenuous physical activity. Therefore, the incumbent must have the ability to undertake such duties. Individuals must reach the standard of required fitness as laid down by the physical employment standards (PES). This must be achieved during the probation period. Failure to achieve the standard will result in termination of employment. Further assessment of PES will take place annually.
- Applicants must be smart and well groomed and display a professional image.
- Applicants must demonstrate knowledge of the security industry.
- Applicants will be screened to the BS7858 standard therefore must have a 5 year verifiable work history and be able to account for all gaps in employment
If you are interested in joining our highly professional and skilled team for our next exciting phase of development, please complete the form on this page to apply online or send your cv and covering letter to: Personnel Department, Canary Wharf Group plc, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB.