Date Posted: 06/04/2017
Company: Canary Wharf Management Ltd
Reporting to: Leading Security Officer
Job Summary: To undertake general Control Room duties within the Estate Control Centre (ECC), including answering calls from the public, tenants and colleagues. Despatching staff promptly and efficiently to deal with routine and emergency incidents. Recording of events as they occur on the Incident Management System (IMS) and undertaking further enquiries to deal with situations.
- To adhere to the Canary Wharf Management Limited (CWML) procedures and assignment instructions in relation to the general safety, security and upkeep of the Estate, together with loss prevention by accident, theft, waste or neglect, as applicable to persons and property within the confines of the Estate, or other such locations as are notified from time to time.
- To answer telephone calls promptly, maintaining a calm, helpful, professional and courteous manner at all times. To ensure that the correct information is obtained and that appropriate action is undertaken to effectively deal with any issues.
- To effectively respond to and process all email enquiries.
- To operate the IMS by accurately and promptly recording details of all calls/messages/incidents, including subsequent action(s).
- To be responsible for initiating and updating data on to the IMS as appropriate and undertaking further action or research when required in order to effectively obtain all relevant information and assist with the situation.
- To carryout relevant checks using various computerised systems to aid response to incidents and track progress of reports, in accordance with ECC procedures and the Data Protection Act.
- To be responsible for deploying adequate and suitable company resources via telephone/radio including vehicles and personnel to incidents/events, updating the IMS accordingly. Ensuring the relevant assistance is provided by liaising with other departments within the company.
- To effectively transmits and process radio messages on various channels using computerised equipment, prioritising as appropriate.
- To provide routine information, advice and guidance to members of the public and other agencies or organisations on reported incidents and other matters as appropriate.
- To efficiently deal with enquiries/messages, by passing messages/information on to the relevant department(s) or point of reference in accordance with the Company Customer Service Standards and the Company’s Confidentiality Policy.
- To accurately and efficiently maintain the required logs and records in accordance with the agreed procedures for the Estate Control Room.
- To be thoroughly familiar with the geography of the Estate, tenant occupation, key personnel, building routines and all security related systems /equipment within the ECC.
- To be thoroughly familiar with, and to implement, in conjunction with the Security Managers, the emergency procedures for the designated area/building.
- To be thoroughly familiar with, and comply with, the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures by immediately reporting any hazards or infringements in compliance.
- To display a courteous, diplomatic and customer service focussed approach when conducting all tasks. Remaining alert, polite and tactful under all circumstances.
- To assist with operating CCTV when dealing with incidents/events, capturing data to accurately report and record information as it occurs including post reviews.
- To operate any other equipment in connection with these duties that Canary Wharf Security may install.
- To carry out other reasonable duties as requested by Line Management
All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy in the Administrative Rules and Procedures, and the Health, Safety & Welfare Manual.
All Staff are required to follow the Canary Wharf Group plc (CWG) Environmental Policies for minimisation of waste and effective energy management as defined in the CWG Environmental Manual and associated documents.
Quality Management Responsibilities
All staff are required to comply with CWG Quality Management System requirements detailed within the Company Quality Manual & Policies, and to ensure that all Procedure; Plans and Forms within InfoBase are effectively implemented to meet the set ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard.
- Experience in an operational Control Room is essential. Experience in the emergency services, private security organisations or other major service provider’s is preferable.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent standards of customer service and have previous experience in a customer service focussed environment.
- Must be honest, free of criminal convictions (subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974).
- Individual must be capable of demonstrating the ability to work with confidential information, in a disciplined environment and able to act either independently, work constructively with their colleagues and external partners and to develop and deliver an effective service.
- Individual should possess an excellent standard of written and spoken English and demonstrate sound interpersonal skills.
- Individual should possess self-discipline, sound judgement, confidence and decisiveness.
- Applicants must be smart and presentable.
If you are interested in joining our highly professional and skilled team for our next exciting phase of development, please complete the form on this page to apply online or send your cv and covering letter to: Personnel Department, Canary Wharf Group plc, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB.