Canary Wharf Contractors’ graduate programme will provide you with an excellent opportunity to develop and utilise your technical skills for the future.
We are committed to investing in graduates and provide a structured development programme for those who aspire to fulfil their long term goals within the construction industry.
Invest in your career
Our 2 year Structured Graduate Programme will take you on a development journey which will offer a rich a long-lasting experience acknowledging the key role of self-driven learning.
We will provide you with:
- On-site experience on London’s most exciting landmark projects developing technical skills amongst supportive colleagues
- Training courses covering technical, safety, leadership and personal development
- Day to day support and guidance from your experienced line manager
- A mentor to support your career development
- Opportunity to participate in fundraising projects and team building events
- Annual performance appraisals
- Networking opportunities with high profile senior colleagues, consultants, contractors and fellow graduates
- Membership to your chosen professional institute and support to achieve chartered status
- Secondment to supplement your experience if required
Eligibility to apply
Our Graduate Opportunities are open to enthusiastic and highly motivated candidates who are willing to work in London locations and have:
- a recent (within the last 2 years) relevant degree qualification of 2:2 or higher (typically you will be educated in disciplines such as engineering, construction management or quantity surveying or as specified in each advertised opportunity)
- proof of eligibility to work permanently in the UK
- an enthusiastic approach with career advancement aspirations
All our vacancies, including for our Graduate Programme, are listed on our Opportunities page
You’ll be able to make your Graduate Programme application from early September until the closing date which is usually at the end of December. When the vacancies have been advertised you can click on the position you are interested in, where you will have the opportunity to write a covering letter and attach your CV. You CV will be used to match your skills to our needs.
On successfully passing the first stage of the recruitment process you will be contacted to discuss the assessment process. You will be asked to complete two online psychometric tests prior to attending an assessment. Don’t worry – you will be given plenty of time complete these tests along with guidance notes to help you prepare!
The assessment, which is the final stage of our recruitment process, will include an interview and a written exercise. The assessment will normally take place in January/February and will take place at our head office in Canary Wharf, London which gives you an excellent opportunity to meet members of the team.
Successful candidates will receive a job offer in March to start the programme once they have graduated that year.